Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What was your biggest mistake?

People say that we don't need to feel afraid of making mistakes, because we can learn many things through the mistakes. However, my problem is that I make mistakes too often!
Oh, yes, I know I am a little forgetful. So, not to forget(make mistakes), I used to take notes whenever I heard of or learned something important. But, you know? In that case, the problem was I forgot where I put the note!

I'll tell you one mistake which I made these days.
When I went to Dujeong middle school to make a 'public service certificate' for Visa interview, I drove my car hurriedly. Because only 20 minutes were left until 5 p.m. (I left Kyowon Univ. around 4:20) On the way, I was caught on a overspeed, but I could arrive on time.
It's terrible to mention it, however, I didn't bring my picture!! So everything was a vain effort. I couldn't make a certificate. I had to go to school again the next day with picture. What a waste of time and money!!

Okay, it's your turn. Please give small comfort to me by telling your mistakes!

3 comments:

Jasper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jasper said...

Hi Carry, when it comes to mistake, I am second to none. As you watched me take out a wrong book in Nicole's class as well as in Walter's class, I am really a professional with mistakes. Between you and me, I had a big mistake with official document in the past. I sent the official document that was wrong to the Office of Education in Gangwon. What I meant is that the contents of document was not associated with the title of it. That day I was not completely myself. Can you imagine? Hahahahaha....
Your mistake is no more than a itsy-bitsy one. Don't take it so seriously. That's life. But we need to try not to make a mistake so as not to be recognized as a careless person.

Anonymous said...

You are so naive to make the public service certificate(in Korean 공무원증? right?) I don't have that kind of certificate, but I went to the U.S. emabassy without worrying about it at all. I thought to myself, if they ask me to produce that kind of document, I will tell them, " if it is necessary I will bring later. But I don't think it is necessary." Anyway on the interview day, I put my dormitory key into the plastic basket with my MP3 player. And I didn't bring back the key and later at my home I found out the fact. I called the U.S. embassy and a woman answered in fluent English, and I tried to explain the problem in English. But it was difficult. So I asked, "Sorry but can you speak Korean?" The woman said, "말씀하세요." in fluent Korean. She was Korean. After checking and calling many places, I found out that Betty took and kept the key.